Upcycle Challenge: Let It Grow
Presented by Habitat for Humanity Philadelphia ReStore
The Philadelphia Home Show is inviting the participation of Celebrity Experts and emerging style, décor and DIY bloggers in the 3rd Annual Upcycle Challenge. Once again we are changing things up. Participants can begin with any item(s) they want from the Habitat for Humanity ReStore (store credit of up to $100 will be provided) but all participants are required to create a planter. Participants are encourage to push the limits of their creativity and we look forward to seeing planters of different shapes, sizes and colors with different functionality, mobility, etc.
All entries will be prominently displayed at the Philadelphia Home Show being held January 17 – 19 and January 23 – 25 at the PA Convention Center. The winner will receive the grand prize of a $500 Visa Card and will be announced based on public voting via Facebook and on-site at the show. In addition, the items will be auctioned off in support of Habitat for Humanity ReStore Philadelphia.
To promote sustainable decorating techniques in a new and innovative way while raising awareness around the critical work and local impact of Habitat for Humanity Philadelphia and its affiliated ReStores. Participants will receive an invaluable opportunity to support Habitat for Humanity Philadelphia and ReStore while promoting their personal brands and websites to an expected audience of 60,000+ people at the Philadelphia Home Show.
About the Philadelphia Home Show
Southeastern PA’s largest and longest running Home Show (phillyhomeshow.com) has been a staple in consumers’ calendars since 1980, attracting more than 60,000 qualified visitors. Produced by Marketplace Events (marketplaceevents.com), the show features high-interest exhibits, celebrity and industry personalities and the latest home and lifestyle trends. Marketplace Events produces 34 home shows in 20 markets that collectively attract 1.1 million attendees and another 1.3 million unique web visitors annually.
About Habitat for Humanity Philadelphia and ReStore:
Habitat for Humanity Philadelphia is an affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International. Together, 2,100 affiliates in 100 countries have built more than 800,000 homes since 1976. At Habitat for Humanity Philadelphia, we’re on a Mission to transform lives and our city by building quality homes in partnership with families in need and by uniting all Philadelphians around the cause of affordable housing. Our Vision is a city where all Philadelphians live in safe, affordable homes.
The Habitat for Humanity ReStore is a second-hand retail outlet where quality donated home furnishings, furniture, and building materials are sold to the public at a fraction of the original cost, with all revenue going directly back into Habitat Philadelphia’s Homebuilding, Weatherization & Home Repair Programs.
- TheUpcycle Challenge consists of up to 15 planters of a mix of works using items purchased via store credit at the Habitat for Humanity ReStore in Philadelphia.
- A credit of $100 will be provided to each participant to use towards the planter from the Philadelphia ReStore. Each participant will receive a confirmation credit letter from Habitat Philadelphia to use at the Restore.
- Don’t forget to archive your progress with photos for inclusion in your media platform(s) and for ours (opportunities like press releases, social media and traditional media)
- Each participant submits their project including BEFORE picture by December 15.
- Delivery. All items should be taken to the show during set-up, January 15 or 16.The items will be on display in the Habitat Philadelphia Exhibit Area.
- All items submitted will become the property of Habitat for Humanity Philadelphia and will be auctioned, with the proceeds from the sale used to support the ongoing work of Habitat for Humanity Philadelphia.Auction details are TBD.
Participant Selection Criteria:
- Ability to meet contest deadlines
- Willingness to help promote the Upcycle Challenge through social media, etc
Deadline for participation December 5, 2014
Item Submission for Approval (before picture) December 15, 2014 **
Deadline for Photo Submission (after picture) Before January 12, 2015
Voting Period January 17 – 25, 2015 Midnight
Winner Announced January 27, 2015
Auction Period After show - TBD
**Please note, the Habitat for Humanity Philadelphia ReStore will be closed for the holidays starting Thursday, December 25 and reopen to the public on Friday, January 2.
To participate, please contact:
Philadelphia Home Show:
Alyson Caplan, Show Manager
T: 215-274-1948 X101
Habitat for Humanity ReStore contact:
2930 Jasper Street
Philadelphia, PA 19134